Call us: 626-744-1750 |

Investment Based Immigration


It is beneficial to the United States for foreign investors and businesspersons to live and work in the United States. It helps the economy and it creates jobs. For this reason the US government created the EB-5 visa category specifically for foreign investors. To become a permanent resident through this category you must meet one of these criteria:

  • Invest a minimum of $1,000,000 in any a business or investment in the US or in a government approved regional center, or,
  • Invest a minimum of $500,000 USD in a business or a government approved regional center located in an area of higher than average unemployment.
  1. In the EB-5 category, you can invest in any industry or geographic location within the United States. You can: Start a brand new business in any industry, in any location.
  2. Purchase an existing business anywhere.
  3. Purchase a struggling business and retain all staff, or expand it.

You must prove that your investment has either directly or indirectly created at least 10 jobs, and you must have an active management role in your business.

It is not essential that EB-5 applicants be physically in the United States. We can help you begin the process in your current country and you can enter the United States once your application is approved. Once your application is approved you will receive a conditional green card valid for two years.

Why Choose Us?

The EB-5 category can be tricky and difficult to navigate. There are many attorneys that take advantage of clients because of their proximity. At the Law Office of Malathi Benjamin, we serve clients throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area and beyond, and treat every client with honesty, integrity, and transparency. We can lead you step by step through the EB-5 process and help you determine whether one of these investment options is right for you. To schedule a consultation, contact us today.

Share this post

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on print
Share on email

Let's Connect

Close Menu

USCIS Fee Increase imminent.
File Soon

N-400 Application for Naturalization From $640 to $1,170
I-601A Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waivers From $630 to $960
I-751 Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence: From $595 to $760

For Adjustment of Status, the total filing fee is $1,140 currently and includes applications for the Work Permit and Advance Parole travel document. 

The $1,140 is going down by $20 to $1,120, but those wanting Work Permits and Travel Documents will have to pay for those separately, increasing the $1140 fee to $2,195.